Leadership South Bend/Mishawaka’s mission is to develop the capacity and commitment of people to recognize, understand and respond to their community’s trusteeship needs through civic education, skill building and community service.
Leadership South Bend/Mishawaka will build a community of leaders with the skills, awareness and motivation to help create opportunities and prosperity for others in our community.
- Community leaders can be developed and leadership development, like all learning, is a lifelong process.
- Civic engagement and community service by graduates is necessary to obtain the desired result of a stronger, more effective St. Joseph County.
- Collaboration among the business, government, nonprofit, education and religious sectors is essential for a strong St. Joseph County.
- The diversity of our community is respected and valued.
- Change and innovation are embraced by the organization.